Health Information Management (HIM) is a crucial aspect of healthcare that involves the collection, organization,…
If you are a medical professional looking into closing your practice and/or retiring, then we at Datalink would be more than happy to assist you with that process. A medical practice with 1,000 active patients can expect to spend a minimum of $15,000 in release of information expenses within 3 months of announcing its closure and another $25,000 in other health information management expenses over the legally required retention period. This process can get tricky and frustrating, and that is why we’re here to help. We offer full-service health information management solutions to medical practices that plan on closing as well as to retiring physicians.
The benefits of medical practice closure support
- Compliant and cost-effective solutions are proven and streamlined to offer a superior approach to fulfilling legally required health information management obligations
- Allows you to better maintain compliance and manage your custodial responsibilities
- You can keep your practice open while you’re assisted with patient notification, fulfillment of medical record requests, and purging patient records
- After closing, you will give up complete custodial responsibility for patient medical records and anything related to compliance management of the patient’s protected health information
- The risk and stress related to complying with strict medical laws associated with the release of information and long-term medical record retention will be decreased
- You’ll save thousands
As you can see, there are many benefits to getting medical practice closure support when you plan on closing or retiring your business and we would be happy to be that support for you. Our solutions are scalable and tailored to meet the specific needs of our clients while offering the flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of the healthcare environment and we hope you find them as helpful as possible.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!